Friday, October 14, 2011

John Gilchrist Playing Again in Slovakia

John Gilchrist (2002-05) hasn't played since tearing his ACL back in January 2010.  But he's been working hard on his rehab ever since then, and he's finally back playing professionally this season.  Gilchrist is now in Slovakia playing for SKP Banska Bystrica.  The team doesn't have much of a press release about Gilchrist joining the team (just a mention in a news item about signing three overseas players which I can't link directly to, other than sending you to the team's homepage above), so I'll let John tell you about it himself, from his Facebook page:
To inform all that want to know. I'm currently at Banska Bystrica in Slovakia at the moment. I arrived yesterday & I'll be here training until the end of the season or if I'm doing well enough & get an offered from a bigger club. It's all about stepping stones in this business. I thank God for this opportunity.

During his rehab, Gilchrist developed one of the best on-line presences of any player I follow. He's active on Twitter (@jgovereasy), he has a Facebook page (John Gilchrist Hoops), he has a website, he posts lots of YouTube videos of his training, and he debuted a new blog last month.  So go follow, like, bookmark, etc.!

No comments: