Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Full Interview: Parrish Brown on Eurobasket

I tried to post a link to this yesterday, but Eurobasket's news links are being flaky. The link to the full interview works sometimes, but fails most of the time. So, while it was briefly working this morning, I copied the whole thing (and good thing, because as I'm rechecking links before clicking the "publish" button, the link is dead again).

Parrish Brown (185-G, college: Maryland) is a guard from Chicago, Illinois. In 2007 he graduated from the University of Maryland and turned pro. He spent his first season overseas in Germany, playing for BG Suedpark Bochum in the Regionalliga West during 2007-08. While there he appeared in 10 games and scored 26.8 points per contest and was named to the 2007-08 All-Regionalliga West First Team. From December 2008 until October 2009 he suited up for Potros ITSON of Mexico. Brown averaged 14.0 points, 3.4 assists and 2.4 rebounds in 10 games of the 2009-2010 campaign, before he parted ways with the team recently.

You played in Mexico recently. How is the level of competition there compared to Germany?
The competition is the same in that the games are really physical. The refs allow a lot of grabbing, pushing, holding and it's very competitive, no one wants to lose.

You left your team in Mexico in October. What happened?
The coach that brought me on the team ended up being fired, so the new coach that was hired brought in his own players.

When you were in Germany during the 2007-2008 season you dominated the Regionalliga West and scored 26.8 points per game for Bochum. What do you remember the most from your time in Germany?
I liked playing in Germany. I mainly miss the fans. The fans in Germany are very loyal to their teams and show lots of support.

You attended the University of Maryland and played with several great players there. Who was the best teammate that you had?
I had a lot of good teammates at the University of Maryland. I can't really say which one was the best because I shared a different relationship with each teammate. But I still speak with Chris McCray, Dj Strawberry, Ekene Ebekwe, James Gist and Bambale Osby.

How is it like to play for such a famous school like Maryland in huge arenas and then come to Germany and play in front of a couple of hundred fans in a small gym?
I think it's very different but you have a love for the game that it doesn't matter how many people are at the game as long as you can lace up your shoes and go out there and compete.

What is your best memory from your college days?
I have a lot of great memories from college but my best memory is my senior year when we beat North Carolina at home and everybody stormed the court. That was a great feeling to have after beating a great team in North Carolina and all the fans on the court jumping up and down and yelling.

What are you plans after parting ways with the Mexican team?
Well right now I just plan to keep working out lifting weights and working on my game until I can find somewhere else to play.

I don't like copying the whole interview like this, but until Eurobasket fixes their news database issues, this is probably the only way most of you will get to read it.

No comments: