Friday, April 03, 2009

Morris, Nicholas, and Jasikevicius All Make Euroleague Final Four

Drew NicholasThe Euroleague Quarterfinals are almost finished, and Terence Morris (1997-2001), Drew Nicholas (1999-2003), and Sarunas Jasikevicius (1994-98) are all headed to the Final Four.

The first team to advance was Morris's CSKA Moscow, which won their series 3-0 over Partizan. CSKA is the defending champion, and has now reached 7 consecutive Final Fours.

Terence Morris's Series Stats:
PtsRebAstBlkStl
Game 1 W 56-4727010
Game 2 W 77-50116101
Game 3 W 67-5602000


Panathinaikos, with Nicholas and Jasikevicius, advanced by winning their series 3-1 over Montepeschi Siena. Panathiakos has won 3 Euroleague titles in the past decade, in 1996, 2000, and 2002, and is going for their fifth title in the history of the tournament. Sarunas is going for his fourth title, which would make him the first player ever to win Euroleague titles with three different teams.

Drew Nicholas's Series Stats:
PtsRebAstBlkStl
Game 1 W 90-85130200
Game 2 L 79-84131100
Game 3 W 72-53133101
Game 4 W 91-84190101


Sarunas Jasikevicius's Series Stats:
PtsRebAstBlkStl
Game 1 W 90-8542500
Game 2 L 79-84110502
Game 3 W 72-53102201
Game 4 W 91-84102201


The Final Four will take place May 1-3 in Berlin. In the meantime, you can participate in the fan voting for the All-Euroleague Team. Sarunas Jasikevicius is currently in first place for the point guard position. Terence Morris is also on the ballot. Oddly, Drew Nicholas is not on the ballot. If you read the fine print, fan voting only counts 20%... the media gets the other 80% of the influence in who makes the team.

1 comment:

homertuck said...

Thanks for the updates! Awesome site!