Saturday, October 25, 2008

Juan Dixon Survives Wizards Cuts

This week, the Washington Wizards cut two players, assuring Juan Dixon (1998-2002) a spot on the 15-player roster to start the regular season next week:

Dixon, originally drafted by the Wizards out of Maryland in 2002, missed the first four preseason games with a calf injury but returned to action Friday against the New Orleans Hornets. After three strong practices, Dixon feels confident he can help the Wizards, who open the season at home Oct. 29 against New Jersey.

"Just knowing the system, Coach has a lot of confidence in me," Dixon said. "He knows that I'm going to go out and execute the play, be in the right positions on the floor. And my job is to do whatever they ask of me, so whatever my role is, that's what I'm going to go out and do."

No comments: