Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Suns Introduce Strawberry

The Phoenix Suns introduced D.J. Strawberry (2003-07) to their fans over the weekend, and ran this story on their website about how D.J. overcame adversity to improve his game:
Now comes the challenge of gearing up for Suns Head Coach Mike D’Antoni’s system, one Strawberry knows will translate into some changes in his game, including working on a consistent jumper.

“It’s going to be different,” the guard told before Thursday's press conference. “In Maryland, we got to run only when we had a lay-up. Here, we’ll be running all the time. I like a fast-paced, up-tempo game. That suits me best, and I’m happy to be here and be a part of this organization.

“I’m working on extending my range on the jump shot, but my defense is my strength – that and bringing energy to the floor and playing at a high level in transition.”

No comments: