Friday, August 04, 2006

John Gilchrist played for Denver Nuggets in Summer League

John Gilchrist (2002-2005) is back in the US for the summer, playing with the Denver Nuggets summer league team in Las Vegas. From the Virginian-Pilot newspaper article linked above:


Gilchrist seemed to help his cause last week in the Toshiba Vegas Summer League, a short circuit that draws a number of NBA players and free agents. He averaged 12 points and 4.4 assists playing five games for the Denver Nuggets and shooting 58 percent from the field. He and his agent, Joel Bell, are hoping the showing will result in a contract offer. If not, Gilchrist will head back overseas.

"All in all, I've received some positive reviews," Gilchrist said. "I'm just happy I'm in a better situation now than I was when I went out there."

No comments: