Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Welcome to the Maryland Terps Watch Blog

Hi everyone! Thanks for reading my blog. I've been a Maryland basketball fan since I was a student there in the early 90's. Recently, I've become fascinated with the question, "What ever happened to all those old players?"

Some are high profile guys in the NBA now, but most dropped off the radar. Looking around the net, I managed to find a bunch of them playing in Europe and in other minor leagues in the US like the NBA D-League, the ABA, USBL, and CBA. Rather than just keeping this information for my own knowledge (and to occasionally show off to my friends), I decided to create a blog to share it with other Maryland fans.

I'll start off the first few days with some obvious ones for completeness, and then share what I've found about some of the Terrapins' less-remembered basketball heros. Starting out, I've got several weeks worth of articles written in advance to get you caught up on what I already know. I plan to only post one per day, Monday-Friday. After that, I'll probably post more sparingly as I hear news or find out that players have moved to new teams.

I'm using the pseudonym Michelangelo, in honor of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle of the same name. Turtle Power!

No comments: